How to Delegate
WHETHER you are a corporate executive, retail manager, or stay at home parent, delegating is a critical skill in personal effectiveness. But for a variety of reasons, it can be difficult to pull off. This article will help you address some of those reasons, and delegate without being seen as a tyrannical pain.
- Set your ego aside
- Stop waiting for people to volunteer
- Ask and you shall receive
- Delegate the objective, not the procedure
- Allocate resources necessary to complete the task
- Be patient
- Implement backup plans and stand ready to jump in if things go wrong
- Recognise your helper when it counts
- Say Thank You. When someone has done something for you, it is important to say thank you.
Source : How to delegates. New Straits Times.Mar 27, 2012
Full article can be found at UniKL BMI Library