ORCiD-Connecting Research and Researchers
What is ORCiD
- ORCiD provides a standard unique author identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized
- ORCiD aims to prevent authorship confusion and protect your unique scholarly identity
Why do you need ORCiD?
- Distinguish yourself – Ensure that all your research outputs and activities are correctly attributed to you
- To raise UniKL Scholars/academicians profile and their research outputs
- To enhance UniKL research visibility (worldwide recognition) – in use by publishers, research funders, and universities across the world
- To assist in improving accumulation marks for research criteria assessments for Malaysia Research Assessment (MYRA), Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) University Ranking and University Web Impact Assessment (Webometric) in various ways
- Useful tool for the university as it tracks, evaluates and report research work
Here are the simple steps for the ORCID registration:
- Set ORCID profile to be accessible for public viewing
- Update current information in UniKL Research Portal
- Update your publication / Link to Scopus ID or Researcher ID
- Link your ORCID ID to the UniKL Researcher Portal
For those who have already had your ORCID ID, please ensure you have filled in all the required information i.e academic, education, funding and most importantly your publication works (if you have any). Don’t forget to link your ORCID id to the researcher portal so that your works will be evaluated and recognized by the university.
Kindly contact your Librarian or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance on ORCiD registration .