Category Archives: Activity
With the recent migration to Atypon’s Literatum Platform, we would like to showcase Wiley Online Library’s new capabilities and functionalities through our ‘Potions of Wit’ game. Details of the game are attached below:
- Enter the game via QR code in the poster or visit http://wileygame.io/
- Answer Professor Wright’s challenges by finding the answers in Wiley Online Library
- Stand to win a prize with the correct answer
Duration of the game:
30 August to 19 September 2018
- Amazon (or similar) vouchers worth USD 25*
- 20% discount code for books on wiley.com
Wiley Library Marketing APAC
*Terms and conditions apply.
Sharing herewith are Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre & Learning Hubs activities for February 2018.
Sharing herewith are Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre & Learning Hubs activities for January 2018.
Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre will held the following program:
Starting next week (13-27 March), we will accept reading materials as follows:-
- Used Academic book/textbook
- Used fiction/non-fiction book
- Old magazines/journals
- Children books
General guidelines for book exchange:
Rule of thumb:
If you wouldn’t buy it or give it to a friend, think twice about hand it over. Condition matters – if your items have any of the following issues, they usually won’t be accepted:
- Water damaged
- Damaged binding or pages
- Missing covers or pages
- Excessive writing, markings, or highlighting
- Cut out library treatments
All items will be filtered and assigned according to it’s genre. You may bring free trade coupon to get your new reads at Concourse Lobby on 28-30 March.
We are pleased to announce the winner of recently ended Elsevier Online Quiz 2016.
Please take note that the prize will be sent to each respective campus.
To redeem your prize, please kindly contact:
Prize Representative: UniKL RCMP & UniKL MICET Librarian
Redemption period: After 17 November 2016
Please kindly bring along proper documentation during collection.
Assalamualaikum and Good Day,
KNOWLEDGE ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (KEP 2016)
Date: 8-10 November 2016 (Tuesday – Thursday)
Venue: ISLH, UniKL Micet.
3 ) Rubik Cube
1) Mendeley Class
2) Teknik Belajar Matematik secara NLP
3) Art of Numerology
1) Baking Class
2) Makeup Class
3) Dental Checkup
For those who are interested to join, you may come to the Library counter Islh Unikl Micet and register yourself. Many great prizes await for you!!
Open to all staff and student.
Hurry up and participate now!!!
Assalamualaikum and Good Day,
Kindly be informed that UniKL Library in collaboration with Elsevier are conducting Elsevier Online Quiz 2016.
Find link as per follow:
Terms & conditions:
- This quiz is only open to the students, faculty and staff of Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL).
- By submitting an entry form, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
- Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Quiz period and chosen by Elsevier’s internal panel of judges. Decisions of the Panel will be final and binding in all respects.
- All winners will be notified via email by 25 November 2016 and a current and valid email address is required in order to claim the prizes. Prize collection must be made from the winner’s institution.
- All prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or similar value at its sole discretion.
- Elsevier (Sponsor) reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that it deems to be in breach of these Official Rules.
Thanks and regards,
UniKL Seminar on Academic Publication
Date: 7 April 2016 (Thur)
Time: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Venue: UniKL Convention Room, Level 23
No. of participants: 50 pax ONLY (Register before 4 Apr)
Session 1: Visibility of Local Scholarly Publication
- Scholarly Publication
- Visibility of Local Scholarly Publication
- Getting Indexed
- Roles of Malaysian Citation Centre
- Products of Malaysian Citation Centre
- Criteria for Quality Journal Publication.
Session 2: How to get Published with Wiley
- Wiley Author Resources Site
- Wiley Editing Services
- The format of an Wiley paper
- Ethics Guidelines
Session 3: How to get Published with IEEE
- Introduction to IEEE & IEEE Xplore – a resource digital library
- Writing for a journal or conference proceedings – the difference
- The format of an IEEE paper
- Ethics in writing
- Understanding journals site
- Finding a conference’s call for paper
- Using the Journal recommendation tool
- Understanding & use the functionalities of IEEE Xplore via creating a personal account & access full text
- Search Strategies to advanced searching to aid your academic studies
- Discover & browsing related articles to support your research activities. Browsing the collections in the platform
Workshop: Introduction to Mendeley Desktop
Date: 13 April ( Wednesday)
Time: 2.30pm – 5.00pm
Venue: Convention Room, Level 23
Trainer: Mr. Khairul Anwar Husaini
Allocation: 25 pax
Requirement: Personal Laptop
Introduction to Mendeley Desktop session towards UniKL MIIT academicians, professional researchers and Post-Grad students.
Explanation on Mendeley key features (for beginner) & new updates (for intermediate).
Hands-on demo to import citation files from other citation tools (zotero, end note, etc) into Mendeley, how to generate in-text citation & bibliography.
How to install Mendeley citation plug-in using Microsot Word (Word 2007 and above).
To RSVP, please email to: email@example.com