Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre will held the following program:
Starting next week (13-27 March), we will accept reading materials as follows:-
- Used Academic book/textbook
- Used fiction/non-fiction book
- Old magazines/journals
- Children books
General guidelines for book exchange:
Rule of thumb:
If you wouldn’t buy it or give it to a friend, think twice about hand it over. Condition matters – if your items have any of the following issues, they usually won’t be accepted:
- Water damaged
- Damaged binding or pages
- Missing covers or pages
- Excessive writing, markings, or highlighting
- Cut out library treatments
All items will be filtered and assigned according to it’s genre. You may bring free trade coupon to get your new reads at Concourse Lobby on 28-30 March.
What is ORCiD
- ORCiD provides a standard unique author identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized
- ORCiD aims to prevent authorship confusion and protect your unique scholarly identity
Why do you need ORCiD?
- Distinguish yourself – Ensure that all your research outputs and activities are correctly attributed to you
- To raise UniKL Scholars/academicians profile and their research outputs
- To enhance UniKL research visibility (worldwide recognition) – in use by publishers, research funders, and universities across the world
- To assist in improving accumulation marks for research criteria assessments for Malaysia Research Assessment (MYRA), Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) University Ranking and University Web Impact Assessment (Webometric) in various ways
- Useful tool for the university as it tracks, evaluates and report research work
Here are the simple steps for the ORCID registration:
- Set ORCID profile to be accessible for public viewing
- Update current information in UniKL Research Portal
- Update your publication / Link to Scopus ID or Researcher ID
- Link your ORCID ID to the UniKL Researcher Portal
For those who have already had your ORCID ID, please ensure you have filled in all the required information i.e academic, education, funding and most importantly your publication works (if you have any). Don’t forget to link your ORCID id to the researcher portal so that your works will be evaluated and recognized by the university.
Kindly contact your Librarian or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance on ORCiD registration .
Access Dunia Sdn. Bhd. in collaboration with Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre (TAKC) is organizing a free research talk for UniKL researchers.
Details of the event will be as per follows:-
Date: 30 November (Wednesday)
Time: 10.00am – 12.00pmVenue: Library Meeting Room 1406, Level 14, Chancellery
Dr. Wong, Woei Fuh
Consultant, iGroup/General Manager of Consulting, Innovative Education Services
How to get cited in Scopus or Web of Science
How to collaborate and improve visibility
The talk is open to UniKL Postgraduate Students and Researchers.
Seats are limited to 30 pax only.
Book your reservation now at: https://uniklresearchtalk.eventbrite.sg
We are pleased to announce the winner of recently ended Elsevier Online Quiz 2016.
Please take note that the prize will be sent to each respective campus.
To redeem your prize, please kindly contact:
Prize Representative: UniKL RCMP & UniKL MICET Librarian
Redemption period: After 17 November 2016
Please kindly bring along proper documentation during collection.
Discovery is at the heart of what you do. Whether you’re a student, a teacher or a researcher, you’re driven to discover information that you don’t yet know about in order to move to the next phase of your work: complete an assignment, update a course syllabus, refine your research direction or add to your paper’s bibliography.
Discovering publications is one of the reasons why you use ScienceDirect. To get to discovery, we want you to have a successful search experience. To help you along, here are our top tips for a better search query on ScienceDirect.
Find it here on the ScienceDirect database:-
Assalamualaikum and Good Day,
KNOWLEDGE ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (KEP 2016)
Date: 8-10 November 2016 (Tuesday – Thursday)
Venue: ISLH, UniKL Micet.
3 ) Rubik Cube
1) Mendeley Class
2) Teknik Belajar Matematik secara NLP
3) Art of Numerology
1) Baking Class
2) Makeup Class
3) Dental Checkup
For those who are interested to join, you may come to the Library counter Islh Unikl Micet and register yourself. Many great prizes await for you!!
Open to all staff and student.
Hurry up and participate now!!!
Engineers, let the games begin!
When to Play
October 10 – November 13
Join the Engineering Academic Challenge and compete with thousands of engineering students from hundreds of institutions around the world.
Solve 5 real-world questions about a trending engineering topic for 5 weeks.
Get to the highest ranks on the leaderboard and win great prizes!
How to Play
Solve 5 Unique Weekly Problem-sets
The Engineering Academic Challenge is an immersive interdisciplinary problem-set based competition built around 5 transdisciplinary themes including Future of Energy, Future of Making, Future of Medicine. The first problem-set will go live on Monday, October 10.
On every following Monday for 5 weeks – until Sunday, November 13 – a new problem-set of questions will be posted.
Watch the webinar on how to play the Challenge.
How To Win
Get to the top of the leaderboard
Use Knovel and the Engineering Village platform database Compendex to answer real-world questions about a trending engineering topic each week. Get to the highest ranks on the leaderboard and win great prices! Weekly winners will be announced each week, and grand prize winners will be announced at the end of the 5 weeks.
Here are useful online resources that provide journal suggestions or recommendation to researchers.
1. Elsevier Journal Finder
Elsevier® Journal Finder helps you find journals that could be best suited for publishing your scientific article. Powered by the Elsevier Fingerprint Engine™, Elsevier Journal Finder uses smart search technology and field-of-research specific vocabularies to match your article to Elsevier journals.
2. IEEE Publication Recommender
Search 170+ periodicals and 1500+ conferences. Compare critical points such as Impact Factor and Submission-To-Publication Time. Get all the key data about IEEE publications at a glance.
3. Springer Journal Suggester
Search over 2,500 journals (Springer and BioMed Central) to find the most suitable journal for your manuscript. Easily compare relevant journals to find the best place for publication.
4. Edanz Journal Selector
Edanz is a Hong Kong-based company that provides fee-based services to authors such as copyediting and letter writing. One of its services is a journal finder, at the moment this service is currently free on their website. Among other services described here, this one appears to have the broadest coverage.
5. Journal Article Name Estimator (JANE)
This service originates in the Netherlands. It is limited to journals included in Medline, a database published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Thus, it’s limited to biomedical sciences journals. This one offers an alternative search method to entering your article’s title and abstract — you can enter keywords in a simple search box.
6. Cofactor Journal Selector
This service originates in the UK. Established for two years and has over 50 freelance editors. This one offers an options menu to find journals that match your requirements.
7. Journal Guide
JournalGuide is a free tool created by a group of software developers, former researchers, and scholarly publishing veterans at Research Square. A growing journal database across all academic fields that search, filter, sort and compare journals from more than 46,000 titles.
After all, the best way to become familiar with the top journals in your field is to:
- Read may articles in your area of study and take note of where the best ones are published.
- Consult with senior colleagues in your department.
- Consult with an academic librarian.
Choosing the right journal for your research
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE AND INNOVATION EXHIBITION 2016 is an international event organized by Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian Institute of Industrial Technology (UniKL-MITEC) in collaboration with Johor Port Authority (LPJ).